Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very good sauce for your stir fry. What more can I say!!!
Make and share this Best Tasting and Easy Stir Fry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock (or low-sodium broth)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (or Chinese cooking wine)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine the stock with the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, cornstarch slurry, vinegar and sesame oil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut oil until shimmering. Add the ginger and crushed red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until fragrant and golden.
- Add the stock mixture and boil over high heat until thickened and glossy, about 1 minute.
- Note/Ideas: I usually add some garlic and some fresh orange juice instead of all that stock and 1/4 teaspoon of salt - I think this is really nice because it gives you a lot of sauce - I don't like a dry stir fry, especially over rice.
The flavor was pretty good, but the sauce did not thicken as much as I would have liked. I did a chicken and broccoli stir fry with 1.5 lbs of chicken and 6 cups of broccoli and there was not enough sauce.