Terriyaki 2's Note:
I got this recipe from a friend more than 20 years ago and it remains a family favorite espcially on hot summer days. I cook the beef early in the morning. Sometimes even chop all of the ingredients then, too, so all I have to do is throw everything together when it is time for dinner. Teenagers especially love this. That is a bonus! Have yet to find anyone who doesn't love this super easy salad for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (I use Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped (I like more)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can large black olives, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing (I use Kraft)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) bag plain Doritos, crumbled into big chunks
- 1Brown ground beef, drain grease, adding taco seasoning and following directions on package. Chill.
- 2When ground beef is cold, place in a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- 3Mix well and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Taco Salad!
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 855.3
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 1674.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 24.6 g