Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from an old Campbell's Pork 'N Beans recipe that was on the back of the can label. Since I couldn't find it, I found a different recipe that sounded similar and then tweeked it a bit. It makes a lot so you could easily reduce it half for an evening meal.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 2 (32 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 12 ounces maple smoked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef in large skillet with diced onion and green pepper.
- Drain beef mixture and put into large dutch oven or large pot.
- Add all other in gredients and gently stir until everything is mixed together well.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1/2 hour.
- Serve warmed. Leftovers should be stored in covered container in refrigerator.
Wonderful recipe. I enjoyed it very much. Made for Fall PAC 2011.
I agree with Dreamer in Ontario. I have made something similar to this for years, but think this will have to replace it. I served it over toasted hamburger buns, with some pickles, of course. Goes together very quickly. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Sharon. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
Delicious comfort food. I cut the recipe in half and used chili sauce instead of barbecue sauce. Made for the Auz/NZ Recipe Swap #14.