1/27 Photos of Best Oatmeal Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
Merrie Wold's Note:
This is a family favorite that I have been making for years. It's the most requested oatmeal cookie recipe I've ever made. I found it somewhere years ago, but have lost the source. The secret is soaking the raisins which makes all the difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This is a very important first step that makes the cookie: combine eggs, raisins and vanilla and let stand for one hour.
- 2Cream together butter and sugars.
- 3Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda and mix well.
- 4Blend in egg-raisin mixture, oatmeal, and chopped nuts.
- 5Dough will be stiff.
- 6Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, or roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g