1/27 Photos of Best Oatmeal Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
Merrie Wold's Note:
This is a family favorite that I have been making for years. It's the most requested oatmeal cookie recipe I've ever made. I found it somewhere years ago, but have lost the source. The secret is soaking the raisins which makes all the difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This is a very important first step that makes the cookie: combine eggs, raisins and vanilla and let stand for one hour.
- 2Cream together butter and sugars.
- 3Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda and mix well.
- 4Blend in egg-raisin mixture, oatmeal, and chopped nuts.
- 5Dough will be stiff.
- 6Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, or roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g