Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good choice for watching calories
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided in half
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (about 7)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 large loaf pans with non-stick spray
- Whisk together the dry ingredients including 3/4 cups sugar, set aside.
- Cream butter and remaining sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and the egg whites.
- In a separate bowl combine bananas, apple sauce and yogurt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and beat together.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top springs back or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Remove the breads from the pans and let cool or eat while warm.