This was originally a reader recipe from Cooking Light magazine. I have tried many, many banana breads over the years (from healthy to unhealthy versions) and this remains my favorite. It's very easy to make and also freezes very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients (mashed banana through egg) in large bowl; beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level with knife.
- 3Add rest of dry ingredients (cream of tartar, baking soda, salt) to flour and stir with a whisk to combine.
- 4Add the dry mixture to banana mixture, stirring only until just moistened.
- 5Spoon batter into 8x4 inch loaf pan that has been coated on bottom and 1/2 inch up sides with cooking spray.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wirerack; then remove bread from pan and cool completely on rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Healthy Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 191.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g