Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've made rum balls for many years. Last year, I was given this recipe. I don't make them with cocoa any more.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, to coat
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Stir until smooth and remove from heat.
- Stir in corn syrup
- Stir in rum.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the crumb mixture.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container for at least five days before serving to develop flavor.