Hold on to your arteries, this is not for the faint of heart, but this is the best onion dip you will ever taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large vidalia onions or 2 large other sweet onions
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 11. Cut onions in half, peel and thinly slice. Cut slices in half or thirds.
- 2Heat butter and oil in a large skillet (12-inch or 5-1/2 quart sauté) using medium heat. Add the onions, cayenne, salt, pepper and sugar. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until the onions are browned and caramelized. Let cool.
- 43. Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the work bowl of a stand mixer. Process until smooth.
- 5Add the onions and blend. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve with chips or fresh vegetable crudité dippers.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Carmelized Onion Dip
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.1
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 252.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g