Recipe by wife2abadge
From Taste of Home. I typed the recipe as it was in the magazine, but my brownies took at least 40 minutes to bake.
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
I have made these many times from my Taste of Home recipe collection. They yield a very tender, moist, and sweet brownie. A great potluck recipe as it makes a large panful and is very popular. I was about to post it, but found you had beat me to it. Thanks! : )
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup miniature marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the chocolate syrup and vanilla.
- Add the flour and salt until blended.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (top of brownies will still appear wet).
- Cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter, and 1/3 cup milk.
- Bring to a boil; boil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until melted.
- Pour over the brownies and quickly spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes before cutting.