Recipe by hollywall
i learned to make this from a friend from mexico, and it's the best freshest tasting soup i've tasted. i often add a bit of hot sauce, a squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro when serving, and sometimes crumble tortilla chips on top, pico de gallo, or avocado
- 2838.0 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml garlic salt
- 14.79 ml instant bouillon granules
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 large potato
- 118.29 ml carrot
- 2 small zucchini
- 226.79 g petite frozen peas
- 226.79 g frozen corn
Directions See How It's Made
- boil chicken in water about 10 minutes or until barely done, remove from water and set aside to shred later.
- to boiling water add onion, potato,carrots and boil about 6 min til tender not soft, add zuchini and cook another 6 minutes,shred chicken and return to pot.
- remove from heat and add peas and corn, no need to boil longer, they will cook in the remaining heat.
- garnish with chili sauce, lime juice, chopped cilantro, avocado and diced tomato or pico de gallo.
- feel free to try other veggie combinations such as yam, pumpkin, etc.