Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A symphony of a salad! Adapted from Cooking Classy.
- 1 (11 ounce) package spring greens, salad blend
- 1 lb strawberry, sliced
- 11 ounces blackberries
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- finely grated lemon zest, for topping (optional)
- grilled lemon chicken (recipe follows)
- poppy seed dressing (recipe follows)
Grilled Lemon Chicken
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- For the Grilled Lemon Chicken: Place the pounded chicken in a large resealable bag.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken in resealable bag, seal bag while pressing out as much excess air as possible. Move chicken around as needed to evenly distribute marinade and allow chicken to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to moderately high heat. Brush grill grates lightly with oil and transfer chicken to grill. Grill 6 - 8 minutes then rotate chicken to opposite side and grill until internal temperature of chicken registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer (total grill time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts). Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes, then slice into strips about 1/2-inch thick.
- To make the Poppy Seed Dressing: In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, grated onion, mustard and salt until sugar has nearly dissolved. (The mixture may, also, be blended in a Ninja or blender.) Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and stir. Store dressing in refrigerator.
- To assemble the Salads: Layer spring mix blend onto serving plates. Divide strawberries, blackberries, almonds, Feta and Parmesan cheese over salad. Top with grilled lemon chicken; sprinkle with lemon zest, if desired. Drizzle top with poppy seed dressing. Serve immediately.