Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
If you leave out the maple syrup this is technically OK for W30 - but it's a big fruit hit, so I'd keep away until day 31.
- 2 pints berries, any kind will do
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place berries in a 9x9 baking pan. Warning: I used sliced strawberries the last time I made this. It was delicious - but it looked like piles of raw hamburger when I served it! If presentation is important, use blueberries or blackberries.
- Pour the lemon juice over the berries.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Sprinkle over the berries. It is fine if there are berries peeking through - no need to fully cover.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crumbly looking.