Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Berry Coffee Cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups fresh berries, sliced as needed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, butter and sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Add together pre-sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix with cheese mixture until smooth.
- Spread half the batter in greased and floured 13x9 baking pan.
- Spread berries evenly over batter.
- Dot the remaining batter over berries.
- Mix brown sugar and nuts, sprinkle evenly over cake.
- Bake 40 minutes& serve warm.
- Add whipped topping to make it even better.
Its very yummy! My hubby and boys loved it.
I made this for my book group last nite and served it this morning. It was delicious! It was also easy to make. It presents beautifully. I couldn't get any fresh berries that were worth using, so I substituted a blend of frozen berries I thawed. Fresh would have been better. My one error was to reheat it with the foil still on...the topping wasn't as crunchy as it was last night. Next time I'll remember to remove the foil. Thanks for a great recipe!