Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I helped make this recipe at my cooking on a budget class. When we made this we used frozen blueberries & blackberries.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup fresh berries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries (or a combination)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat a 6-inch round metal baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the berries in the pan and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon orange zest.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and oil. Whisk in the egg until the mixture is thick and smooth. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, alternating with milk, stirring until combined. Stir in remaining orange zest.
- Spread the mixture over the berries. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tester inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack before serving. To serve, spoon into small dessert bowls.
I was out of fresh milk so I thought I'd give this a try. I doubled the recipe (I think the recipe really serves 3-4!). The orange rind is a delightful touch to the berries (used frozen mixed berries). This had a fluffy texture. Thanks for posting. Roxygirl