Recipe by Missy Wright
This Sauce it great for Summertime. It helps my kids to eat their fruit!! It is light too and better than plain old whip cream over berries.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- assorted fresh berries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add small amount of mixture to the eggs.
- Return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 1/2 minutes or until mixture reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Set saucepan in ice and stir mixture for 5 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve over berries.