1/1 Photo of Berliner Kartoffelsalat / Berliner Potato Salad
Berliner Goere's Note:
This is my moms recipe for the mayo based version that you will find all over northern Germany, while southern Germany prefers the vinegar based/hot version. Make sure to let the salad rest for at least 2 hours so that all the flavors can blend and soak into the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure onion, pickles and apple are chopped the same size.
- 2Boil the whole potatoes with their skins on until tender about 20-30 minutes.
- 3Remove from pot and let rest until cool enough to handle but still warm, then peel and dice into preferred size.
- 4In a bowl combine all the ingredients except potatoes.
- 5Put potatoes into a big bowl, pour"sauce" over them and stir together carefully (potatoes break apart easily while still warm).
- 6Cover bowl and let rest in fridge for at least 2 hours (overnight is even better).
- 7Taste test and add more pickle juice, salt, pepper, sugar or mayo if/as needed.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berliner Kartoffelsalat / Berliner Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 457.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: