1/1 Photo of Belizean Baked Rice Pudding
1 hr 30 mins
I bought a recipe book by a local women's group on my recent trip to Belize (Silly Bug & Bittle Recipes) and this one sounds like something I would like. I've tried a few rice pudding recipes before, but never had it baked. The recipe says you can serve it warm or after cooling. I have no idea how much this makes or how long you should bake it, but I'll update the recipe as soon as I make it or you leave me a review to give me the information.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice in plain water until rice is very soft (do not add oil or salt to water when cooking).
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Drain hot rice and place in bowl. While stirring, add all other ingredients. Continue stirring until butter is melted and all ingredients are incorporated.
- 4Pour into pan that you have greased or sprayed with cooking spray. Rice mixture should be around 2 inches deep in the pan.
- 5Bake approximately 60 minutes, or until firm and knife inserted in center comes out clean. (NOTE: the recipe did not include cooking time. I based this time on reviews by people who tried it).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belizean Baked Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: