1/2 Photos of Beijing Beef Recipe Like Panda Express
I always like getting ideas from fast food Chinese restaurants and then perfecting them. Here I use hot peppers instead of bell, and a special spicy sauce. Search for divinechef on youtube to find my video recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb flank steak, fat and silver-skin removed, sliced into thin strips
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch, for dusting
- oil, for frying
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 6 -8 assorted chili peppers
- 1Cut beef into thin strips against the grain. In a bowl combine marinade and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- 2Heat ingredients for sauce and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon corn starch then simmer.
- 3Coat beef with 6 tablespoons cornstarch, shake off excess.
- 4Quickly deep fry in wok, remove to paper towel and remove all except 2 tablespoons oil.
- 5Add garlic shallot and peppers.
- 6Stir in beef.
- 7Pour sauce into the wok and heat until boiling.
- 8Quickly stir and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beijing Beef Recipe Like Panda Express
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 208.9 mg
- Sodium 853.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 43.0 g