Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm unable to eat Chinese take-out as it makes me sick...So while this recipe is not authentic fried rice, it IS very good! Usually I serve it with my own sweet-and-sour chicken, fortune cookies and some green tea!
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (Kikkoman low sodium is great!)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules (low sodium preferred)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve the bacon grease)
- 2 cups long grain white rice, cooked and chilled (NOT instant rice)
- 1⁄4 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package green peas (freezer section)
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, soy sauce and beef bouillon.
- In the same skillet you cooked the bacon, cook the chilled rice in the reserved bacon grease/drippings over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the egg mixture to the rice in the skillet, cooking and stirring until the eggs are 'set' (like scrambled, but sticking to the rice).
- Add the onions and peas and stir until heated through; Serve garnished with the bacon.
- Suggestions: try the lower sodium bacon or turkey bacon; I don't know if brown rice would work with this, perhaps I'll try it some day!
I made this for dinner tonight but instead of bacon I used breakfast sausage and this was GOOD! Both my husband and myself are looking foreward to having the rest for lunch tomorrow.