Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
This is an adaptation from Epicurious. It is a nice change and can be serve with spring greens if desired. We like it just as it is.
- 2 cups sliced beets (one jar)
- 1⁄2 lb frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- Drain the beets well, blot with a paper towel.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 1 minute, and immediately rinse well in cold water and drain.
- Make the dressing with the next five ingredients and mix well.
- It can be done with a whisk or in the food processor.
- In a large bowl place the beets and peas and pour the dressing over the veggies.
- Toss gently until all the veggies are covered well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Excellent recipe. I used fresh beets that I had roasted. Also used fresh sugar snaps that I cooked to crisp-tender and then refreshed. Served on a bed of garden lettuce. Can't get much better than that! This is a great springtime salad using fresh ingredients. Terrific dressing! Thanks for the recipe, Carole.