Cooking Light Potato, Chicken, and Fresh Pea Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fingerling potato, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken breasts, skinless and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add peas; cook 2 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, and onion.
- Combine oil and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over salad; toss gently to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am just your average, everyday Southern girl. I love comfort food...those meals that you just CRAVE! Like chili in the Fall; Turkey Tettrazini after Thanksgiving; Chicken Tortilla soup on a cold night...HOMEMADE brownies on a rainy day....It's hard...I love great food but still want to maintain my girlish figure. So, I try to balance the week out...if we eat those comforting foods one night, we'll definitely be eating something on the light side on several other nights in the week to balance it all out. I also think presentation is so important. Put a regular old green salad in a beautiful bowl...and it just tastes better. I use by Southern Living At Home pottery ALL the time and get rave reviews on the food becasue it's so "pretty"...has nothing to do with me...it's all about the presentation! I also love to decorate my home.