Recipe by aebrady0576
I found this recipe on a different site. If you choose, you can use instant taco seasoning. I like to make my own and I have included the recipe to do so.I make soup for my boyfriend weekly and this is, by far, is his favorite! Enjoy!!
Top Review by Hardwareman
This is a awesome easy soup to make.. I make it a lot on lunch and come home to a great soup.. I have used a bunch of different packs of taco seasoning and the all turn out good. just some corn bread or tortilla chips, pinch or two of cheese its a great diner and plenty for lunch..
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (Any kind)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer and diced tomatoes in your crock pot. Add taco seasoning to the mix and stir.
- Lay the uncooked chicken breasts on the top of the mixture and press down slightly slightly so they are covered by the liquid of the soup.
- Set crock pot on low and covered for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken breast and let them cool off for a couple of minutes.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken breasts. Stir the shredded chicken breasts back into.the soup and let cook for 2 more hours.
- Serve topped with Mexican cheese and sour cream. YUMMY!