Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great party dip for pretzels, veggies and chips. Also a good spread for crackers, burgers and sandwiches.
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, room temperature & finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons beer (1/4 cup if dip will be chilled)
- chives, to garnish
- pretzels or chips or assorted crackers or vegetables
- In a small bowl combine cheese, butter, mustard, horseradish and pepper.
- Heat beer just to boiling and immediately pour over cheese mixture.
- Beat with electric mixer about 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Let stand at room temperature for about an hour before serving, whether serving warm or chilled.
- Garnish if desired.
- Serve as dip or spread.
This made a nice tasty spread but when I tried to thin it out I had a little difficulty with it separating.