Recipe by bcarroll03
A hearty Chicken and rice soup made with homeade broth and a healthy serving of veggies. Great way to make a delicious meal from your leftover chicken.
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) bagof chopped frozen broccoli
- 1 beer can cooked chicken, leftover (any kind of leftover roaster will do)
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup (Cream of Celery and Mushroom also works)
- 18 cups water
- 3 1⁄2 cups rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Take Leftover chicken and remove all meat from bones and set meat aside.
- Put the rest of the chicken into a large pot with the 18 cups of water. Bring to boil and reduce to medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Saute Carrots, Celery, and Onion in large lightly greases skillet on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour your water with the simmering chicken through a strainer into a large bowl. Discard bones and rest of carcass.
- Pour broth back into Large pot and Bring to a boil. Add Sauteed vegetables to boiling broth. Add chickem meat that you set aside from the roaster. Boil for five minutes.
- Add rice and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes of until rice is tender.
- Add Cream of chicken soup and mix throughly. (You can add more or less soup depending upon your preference).
- Let cool, salt to taste, and serve.