Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are a lot of recipes out there for beer battered shrimp but this is the best one I have found. Cook your shrimp a few at a time so your grease doesn't cool too much and NEVER overcook your shrimp. The recipe calls for vegetable oil but I use peanut oil.
- Combine 1 cup flour, paprika and salt. Whisk in beer, worcestershire sauce and tabasco.
- Cover; let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Dredge shrimp in flour, then dip in batter.
- Fry shrimp, a few at a time until golden.
- Drain on papertowels.
- Serve with Creole Tarter Sauce.