1/1 Photo of Beer Batter for Frying
North West Star's Note:
The finest CRISPY batter recipe. Always used by myself and never fails to impress. For the crispiest batter you must steer well clear of eggs! This is great for fish, chicken, mushrooms onions etc. Good Baatter consistency: Dip your finger into batter. It should not run off the finger but drip off after around 5secs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift Flour and Baking Powder into a bowl.
- 2Pour Liquid, (Lager is best but Water can also be used) into a bowl.
- 3Sift Flour and Baking powder mix over the liquid a little at a time whisking inbetween until all is mixed with no lumps.
- 4At this stage, check consistency to your requirements. Add a little more flour for thicker batter, a little more liquid for a thinner batter. No more Baking powder is needed.
- 5Use immediately, no need to rest.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter for Frying
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 200.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g