Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I received this recipe from a friend after desperately trying to find a cheaper way to make beer bread rather than paying $6 a loaf for Tastefully Simple. My mother in law raves over this and she sells TS. She likes this version better and I must say my family doesn't even know the difference.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted you can use less
- Preheat the oven to 375°F In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Add the beer all at once, mixing as little as possible; the batter should be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into a 9-x-5-x-3-inch loaf pan and brush with the melted butter. Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Turn out onto a rack to cool.
I have been making this for years! It is exactly like the Tastefully Simple mix! So great with soup or chili! I have also thrown in Shredded cheddar!