Recipe by Peter J
Nice quick recipe for your next BBQ. Preparation time does not include one hour marinating time. The liquid marinade will give more of a steamed rather than baked texture. If you like spicy food don't be scared with the chili flakes, it will make the final step all the much better.
Top Review by SharonChen
Great recipe! I seasoned scallops with old bay seasoning and sprayed some oil before putting them on the grill. The marinade was so good. I soaked some onion and lemon wedges in it then put them on the skewers together with the scallops. Amazing! Thanks for the recipe.
- 500 g scallops
- 1 cup beer
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate covered for one hour or more.
- Place a few scallops on each skewer.
- Grill on BBQ over medium heat for around 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally and pouring over reserved marinade.
- Serve with remaining beer.