Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice quick recipe for your next BBQ. Preparation time does not include one hour marinating time. The liquid marinade will give more of a steamed rather than baked texture. If you like spicy food don't be scared with the chili flakes, it will make the final step all the much better.
- 500 g scallops
- 1 cup beer
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 skewers
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate covered for one hour or more.
- Place a few scallops on each skewer.
- Grill on BBQ over medium heat for around 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally and pouring over reserved marinade.
- Serve with remaining beer.
Congrats! Your Recipe was featured as our "Recipe of the Day" on our homepage! (7/17/11)
We served this as part of our Christmas BBQ dinner and it went down a treat. I used a fresh chilli and a mixture of scallops, prawns and flathead fillets (a little over a kilo - so doubled marinade). Also had to sub spring onion (scallion) for onion due to a family members allergy. Definately a keeper. Thanks Peter.
Very easy to make!And very tasty! Made enough for 3servings.I marinated grilled red onions along with this! Just a bit of advice discard the marinade or cook it before using the. Also lightly coat the scallops with oil before grilling or oil the grill so the scallops don`t stick. Be sure to leave the scallops till browned on one side before turning so you don`t lose the scallops from sticking to the grill. Thanks Peter!