Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice quick recipe for your next BBQ. Preparation time does not include one hour marinating time. The liquid marinade will give more of a steamed rather than baked texture. If you like spicy food don't be scared with the chili flakes, it will make the final step all the much better.
- 500 g scallops
- 1 cup beer
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 skewers
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate covered for one hour or more.
- Place a few scallops on each skewer.
- Grill on BBQ over medium heat for around 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally and pouring over reserved marinade.
- Serve with remaining beer.
Great recipe! I seasoned scallops with old bay seasoning and sprayed some oil before putting them on the grill. The marinade was so good. I soaked some onion and lemon wedges in it then put them on the skewers together with the scallops. Amazing! Thanks for the recipe.
Congrats! Your Recipe was featured as our "Recipe of the Day" on our homepage! (7/17/11)
We served this as part of our Christmas BBQ dinner and it went down a treat. I used a fresh chilli and a mixture of scallops, prawns and flathead fillets (a little over a kilo - so doubled marinade). Also had to sub spring onion (scallion) for onion due to a family members allergy. Definately a keeper. Thanks Peter.