Recipe by hollyberry
This is a great kid-friendly meal that moms and dads like too.
Top Review by The Amaze-Ing Me
Will make it again. Easy to make and used up things I had on hand. Great for a last minute decision dinner ;). Used Italian tomatoes and whatever cheese I had on hand so next time I will stick to the recipe better. Put some breadcrumbs and shredded cheese on top too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (14 ounce) canprimo Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 0.5 (125 g) packagemclaren's imperial cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain macaroni.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large saucepot, brown hamburger and garlic. Drain. Add onions, tomatoes, and spices. Simmer 5 - 10 minutes. Toss in macaroni.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, milk, and flour together in separate saucepan. Heat. Add Imperial cheese and whisk until melted.
- Stir the two mixtures together and transfer into a 2 quart casserole.
- Top with grated cheddar.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with a tossed green salad, and crusty bread.