Recipe by Bec
From a Diabetic cookbook. Dietary exchanges are 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, and 1/2 fat.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 ounces snow peas, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup canned baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- black pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in wok or large skillet. Drain. Add garlic; cook until tender. Set aside. Wipe out wok with paper towel.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add snow peas and red bell pepper; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in ground beef mixture, baby corn, soy sauce and sesame oil. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.