Recipe by Cypress
This is also from my bento book :) you can use frozen broccoli, but add it after you've had the beef cooking in all the sauce and cornstarch. That way, you don't have to worry about soggy broccoli.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake (or sherry)
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb beef, thinly sliced
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, sake or sherry, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, sugar, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- Mix well and toss beef in marinade. and let sit for at least 10 minutes. Marinate longer for more flavor.
- While it is sitting, boil water and blanch broccoli for 10-15 seconds, drain well.
- Add oil to large pan or wok on high heat. Brown beef in the pan, then add broccoli. Mix well.
- Add chicken broth mixed with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch to thicken, along with salt.
- Cook until sauce thickens, and broccoli is at desired tenderness.