Recipe by Miss Erin C.
I love beef tenderloin and the asian flavors in this peanut sauce sound really great. This is from the Very Virginia Junior League cookbook.
- 1 (5 lb) fully trimmed beef tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plum jam
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peanuts (, to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Bake tenderloin 35-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 120/rare or to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine remaining ingredients except for peanuts and simmer over low heat until thoughly heated.
- Spread over tenderloin and garnish with peanuts.