Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living. Wonderful!!
Make and share this Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1360.77 g beef tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 226.79 g package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 4.92 ml all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle beef tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Place tenderloin in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushroom; saute 7 minutes.
- Add wine, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and hot sauce.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together beef broth and flour; stir into wine mixture.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove beef from oven, and top with sauce.
- Bake beef 18 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness, basting once.
- Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving sauce in pan.
- Let beef stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with sauce.