Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living. Wonderful!!
Top Review by rather be hunting
I was looking for a quick beef tenderloin recipe and decided to try this one. AWESOME. Quick and easy but doesn't taste like it. My wife said it was the best dinner I have ever made. Followed all directions except left out the hot sauce and cooked until internal temp was 140(med rare for the wife). I like my beef center cold. Making it again tonight.
- 1 (3 lb) beef tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle beef tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Place tenderloin in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushroom; saute 7 minutes.
- Add wine, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, and hot sauce.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together beef broth and flour; stir into wine mixture.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove beef from oven, and top with sauce.
- Bake beef 18 more minutes or to desired degree of doneness, basting once.
- Transfer beef to a serving platter, reserving sauce in pan.
- Let beef stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with sauce.