Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great recipe for the winter. Serve over egg noodles for a complete meal.
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced garlic (a lot)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 7 ounces beef broth (1/2 can)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced portabella mushroom
- Salt and pepper meat as preferred.
- Pan fry steak quickly in 1/2 butter. Don’t overcook. Cook until pink.
- Set meat aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in remaining butter. Garlic will mild out during cooking. Try with 1/2 cup before reducing.
- Stir in flour and then add mushrooms.
- Add beef broth and dry mustard about 2 mins later.
- Cook, stirring until smooth and thick.
- Add sour cream and after 5 mins add steak to pan and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over rice or noodles.