Recipe by Brisket in Roses
No offense to anyone, but I hate stroganoff recipes that use lots of veggies, ground beef, any condensed soup, tomato products, and any broth/consomme. Just a preference. I used to make a really good stroganoff and somehow lost my recipe, so I kind of remember most of it, and jotted it down. Hope it is to your liking.
Top Review by Bellablue
Wonderful taste! And I loved the ingredients! This recipe is most definitely a keeper.
The only problem I had was that I had to simmer mine a lot longer than the suggested time as, the meat was not tender until then. I guess I simmered mine for about an hour in total.
Thanks so much for sharing this true to stroganoff recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter, more if needed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut in strips
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 14 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- parsley, minced to garnish
- 1 lb cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Season beef with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a large saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and brown beef. Once cooked, set aside.
- Add onions (add more butter if needed) and cook until slightly soft. Add mushrooms and cook through.
- Once cooked, add the red wine and let simmer for about 2 minutes. Add heavy cream and let thicken slightly (about 5 minutes).
- Add sour cream and Dijon mustard, let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add paprika and dill weed. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper (I like using the coarse setting for the pepper, it gives a wonderful flavor).
- Serve on top of noodles, garnish with parsley, and enjoy.