Here is a very yummy beef stroganoff that I originally found on Allrecipes.com (Beef Stroganoff III, by Donna). Slightly modified.
- Remove excess fat from the beef and cut into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onions quickly in the butter and then set aside.
- Combine flour and broth in a bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Lower the heat and stir in mustard. Return beef and onions to skillet. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Ten minutes before serving, stir in the wine. Heat until alcohol smell is gone. Stir in the mushrooms and sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles.
This is a good version of the classic. I used fresh mushrooms and a small whole yellow onion. The meat came out very tender and the entire dish was well flavored. Made for PAC, Fall '09.