Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Our old German family recipe.
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef consomme
- 16 ounces sour cream (room temp)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 1 lb round steak
- 1 (30 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- Cut round steak into long narrow strips. Brown meat in butter.
- Add chopped onion to meat. Add seasonings, water, and consume.
- Simmer 1.5 hours, covered.
- Thicken sauce with flour and water as deisred.
- Cook the noodles in a separate boiling pot.
- Add mushrooms to the sauce. Remove sauce pan from heat.
- Add room temperature sour cream to sauce. Serve sauce over noodles.