Recipe by AskCy
Takes a little bit of prep but makes a wonderfully taste meal. Its not really a specific dish just one of those things you make when you want a change.
- 30 ml oil (for cooking, I use olive oil)
- 400 g beef (cut into thin strips)
- 400 g rice
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds (for powder mix)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (for powder mix)
- 5 star anise (3 in powder mix and 2 in the rice while cooking)
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom pods (for powder mix)
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek (for powder mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder (for powder mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric (for powder mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns (for powder mix)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (for powder mix)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (for powder mix, use normal sea salt if you can't get it)
- 100 g green beans (chopped into inch pieces)
- 100 g carrots, finely sliced
- 100 g red peppers, finely sliced (its about 1 large pepper)
- 200 g onions, finely sliced
- 1 chili, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- First add the rice to a microwave bowl.
- place in the stockpot/cube, 2 star anise and 5 cardamons.
- The cover the rice with hot water about 1inch (2.5cm) above the top of the rice.
- Cook in microwave as per instructions (mine takes about 15minutes).
- Place all the dry spices into a grinder/blender and grind to a powder.
- While the rice is cooking fry off all the veg, chilli and the garlic (about 5-10minutes until soft).
- Remove the veg from the pan and put to one side.
- Let the pan get hot and add a drop more oil.
- Fry off the beef until coloured.
- add the spice mix (the powder mix) and stir in for a few minutes until nicely coated.
- add back the veg and stir in.
- add the rice (with its spices picked out) and stir into the meat and veg.
- add the soy sauce.
- serve at once.