1/2 Photos of Beef Stir Fry
A really easy stir fry, satisfies that taste for Asian cooking at home. For a really fast meal you can make this with frozen vegetables. It's just a good with pork or chicken. The method can be used for any combination that you desire. Add nuts, seafood, lamb, mushrooms, water chestnuts, whatever you like! -- You can use portabella mushrooms or tofu in place of the meat for a vegetarian treat. A great opportunity to clean out the veggie drawer :-).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 garlic cloves (minced or crushed ) or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons safflower oil
For the Stir fry
- 1/2-1 lb top round steak, cut about 3/16-inch thick across the bias (or similar lean cut, sirloin, flank, chicken breast, thighs, boneless pork chops, tofu, shrimp, port)
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 1 cup carrot, cut up about the size of the snow peas
- 1/2 cup onion, cut up about the size of the snow peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water, for veggies
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed in water
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1Combine liquid marinade ingredients in a 2 cup heat proof measure, heat in the microwave (or in a pan of hot water) just enough to thin the honey, stir to combine, add spices, stir.
- 2Allow to cool.
- 3Meanwhile trim all fat from beef, slice up meat, place meat and marinade in a 1 gallon ziploc bag, remove all air from bag and refrigerate for 4 to 48 hours.
- 4Remove meat from marinade, drain in colander, reserve strained marinade!
- 5In a wok or large skillet over medium/high with teaspoon of sesame oil (just enough to coat pan when wiped with a paper towel) cook meat until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- 6Pull meat from center of pan and add chopped vegetables and 1/4 cup of water.
- 7Cover and bring to a simmer.
- 8Cook until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached, be sure to stir every few minutes after the first 5.
- 9Remove meat/veggie mixture, pour reserved marinade into pan, bring to a boil.
- 10Allow to boil for a minute or two to kill any bacteria that was present from the marination process.
- 11While stirring constantly, slowly pour cornstarch mixture into heated marinade until desired thickness is reached it may not take all the cornstarch.
- 12Just GO SLOW as once the thickening process starts it happens almost instantly.
- 13Add meat/veggies back into the sauce, toss to mix and coat, pour onto a serving platter.
- 14Serve with white rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.4
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 4143.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 36.3 g