1/1 Photo of Beef Stew Bake
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe handed down from my mother's mother, to my mother, then to me. Low maintenance and very tasty!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, cleaned of fat, grizzle, and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 lbs tiny new potatoes, cleaned and left whole
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bunch celery heart, cleaned and chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 ounces frozen green peas
- Emeril's Original Essence
- olive oil
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 ounces onion soup mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato juice
- 6 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons horseradish (not sauce)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1For the meat:
- 2Sprinkle the cut meat with flour, to cover.
- 3Add amount of Emeril’s of your choice. (I go heavy).
- 4Heat a large heavy pan over medium high heat, and brown the meat (in batches if necessary) until all the meat is browned all over.
- 5When all the meat is browned, transfer to a large baking dish. (One large enough to accommodate easily and can stir in).
- 6In the same skillet the meat was browned in, add soup, soup mix, tomato juice, water, worcestershire sauce, horseradish and garlic.
- 7Simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- 8Place potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, into the same baking dish with the meat.
- 9Add the soup mixture and mix well.
- 10Bake covered at 350° for 1 ½ – 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes and until meat is tender and the vegetables are done, adding the peas at about the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Stew Bake
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 368.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: