Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Food Network Magazine
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
Loved this dish! Sauce was amazing and I loved the pickled onion. Easy to overcook the meat which I did, but it really didn't matter with the sauce and onion. I will be using the chimichuri and onion the rest of the week on different dishes! Thanks Nancy!
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- kosher salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the pickled red onion. Combine the cider vinegar, sugar and 1 teaspoons salt in a medium bowl and whisk to dissolve. Add the red onion and 2 tablespoons cilantro and stir to combine. Cover and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soak 20 wooden skewers in warm water, at least 20 minutes. Slice the flank steak against the grain into 20 strips, about 1/8 inch thick. Thread the meat accordion-style onto the skewers and set aside until ready to grill.
- Combine the remaining cilantro, the garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoons salt and the olive oil in a blender and puree until smooth; transfer to a small bowl.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with olive oil, then grill the skewers until marked, about 1 minute per side. Serve with the chimichurri and pickled onion.