Moroccan Ground Beef Kebab / Skewers
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix, Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Mix
- Combine the beef, onion, parsley, cilantro, & spices in a large bowl, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Wash your hands but don't dry them. Gently pack small amounts of the meat mixture around the skewers, forming a 4-inch long sausage shape on each skewer.
- Grill over charcoal, turning the kebab time to time so not to burn. Cook throughly. Serve with Recipe #260654 or some other dense bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very flavoursome and honestly the best homemade kebabs I have ever had! DH, DD (toddler) and I like these. I used lean ground beef but I suggest using regular as they were a little dry and had trouble staying on the skewers. I have done them in the frying pan with some butter! I did not use any cayenne pepper as we dont like hot spicy. I used recipe #262189. I do add a bit more fresh cilantro to the meat mixture. I serve them with additional fresh cilantro, tomato slices sprinkled with sea salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon, helmans olive oil mayonnaise (soy free) (another time I served with hummus but still prefer mayonnaise) and lettuce. I used a wheat free flat bread to wrap them all up in. The time I pan fried we had them with rice. I have also done these in an oven on broil. I will make these again. Originally made for Ramadan Tag.
see 13 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.