Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe for a crowd so the quantity is high, but can be modified easily. I like it because it's real easy to let it marinade overnight then you only have to grill the day of the party. This is the best way to eat flank steak, everyone always raves about the recipe. Be sure to have a copy of it if you make it for a crowd. For a cheaper version use chicken instead of beef.
- 2 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red curry paste
- 3⁄4 cup minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 6 lbs boneless sirloin or 6 lbs flank steaks
- spicy peanut dipping sauce (see Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce)
- Combine the soy sauce, curry paste, garlic, lime juice, coriander, peanut oil, and honey in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Trim any excess fat from the steak and discard. Using a meat tenderizer, pound the steaks to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut the steaks into 3/4 x 3 inch strips.
- Place the steak strips in shallow pan or ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the steak. Seal well, and marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill.
- Place steak on the skewers. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through. Serve hot or at room temperature with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce, Recipe #252017.
LOVED THIS RECIPE!!! My shortcuts: I use stewing beef (pre-cubed), & make the marinade the same day I purchase the beef, freezing the beef in a ziplock bag with the marinade. Allow a little extra thawing time for marinating! Thanks for posting!