Recipe by Creamcheese5
This is a great marinate for beef, chicken and pork.
Top Review by LainieBug
This is a delicious satay. I initially was a little concerned that the amount of ginger would overwhelm the beef, but it was perfect for us. I used sirloin and wound up actually marinading for 20 hours (instead of just overnight) because of my hectic schedule. The meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender and is good warm or cold (yes, I do like leftover cold steak, LOL).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, sliced thinly and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange meat in a shallow pan. Combine remaining ingredients and pour aver meat. Marinate, covered and refrigerated, overnight. Drain.
- Thread each strip of meat lenghtwise on a soaked bambo skewer, weaving it in and out. Grill until browned on both sides.