Recipe by KLV
This is a quick and tasty meal that my kids love. Almost like pizza buns. Serve with a salad and everyone is happy! You can add whatever vegetables you like to the meat mixture also - a very flexible recipe. This recipe is a combination of a couple with a few of my favourite things thrown in. This can be a meal for a family or a snack for a crowd.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the loaf of bread lengthwise and toast lightly.
- Brown the hamburger, drain off fat.
- Add the garlic and onion and saute slightly.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp of the soup and add the rest, with the oregano, basil, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce, to the hamburger mixture.
- Heat through.
- Top bread with the meat mixture and brush remaining soup on top.
- Top with the sliced mushrooms and cheese.
- Broil or bake at 450°F until cheese is bubbly.
- Slice the bread into sections and serve.