1 hr 35 mins
Chef GreanEyes's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Combine 2 tablespoons thyme and garlic-pepper seasoning; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- 2Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2 to 2-1/2 hours for medium doneness.
- 3Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.).
- 4Meanwhile skim fat from drippings. Combine drippings, shallot and 2 teaspoons thyme in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until shallots are crisp-tender. Stir in wine and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup. Stir in butter. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- 5Carve roast into slices. Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Ribeye Roast With Herb Shallot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 15.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: