Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This was the tastiest pot roast I have ever made. The roast literally fell apart. the vegetables were great as well. A real pleaser to the family.
- 1 (12 ounce) bagfrozen onions
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen baby carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb tiny new potatoes, halved
- 4 lbs beef chuck roast, rinsed and patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce
- Into a slow cooker, put the onions, carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the meat on all sides in oil. When it is browned, put it in the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream of celery soup, onion soup mix, beef broth, and steak sauce. Pour over top of roast. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours.