Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Tender Beef Pot Pie
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cubed
- monterrey steak seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerator pie crusts
- Coat steak cubes with flour and seasoning. In a saucepan over medium heat, brown the pieces of meat on all sides. Pour in some water to almost cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer until meat is tender and falls apart easily; about 2 to 3 hours. Transfer meat to a large mixing bowl. Shred the meat slightly and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In another 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, pour in beef broth and add carrots and potatoes. Cook until almost tender; about 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- When the carrots and potatoes are done, transfer to the large mixing bowl with the beef; leaving the liquid in the pan. Combine the peas with the carrots, potatoes and beef.
- Dissolve the cornstarch with the 1/3 cup of water. Pour into the saucepan of beef broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat; cook for 5 minutes.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with one of the pie crust following the package directions. Place the beef mixture into the pie crust. Pour the gravy over the top of the mixture, then cover with the other pie crust. Bake in a preheated oven until the crust is golden brown; about 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.