I love to make liver when I find a source for organic beef or chicken liver. This recipe looks good and will be at the top my list of dishes to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- 2Remove 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet and set aside.
- 3In the remaining drippings, cook the onions over medium high heat, stirring often, for about 15 minutes or until soft and caramel colored. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- 4In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge liver.
- 5Heat the reserved bacon drippings in the skillet and add the liver, cooking on medium high heat until browned -- 2-3 minutes per side.
- 6Remove to plates and top with onions. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- 7Add vinegar and broth to skillet, cooking and stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in the honey and bring to a boil, stirring for 5 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top of the onions and pour vinegar mixture over the top.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Liver With Balsamic Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 742.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: